Independent contractors and employees are not the same. It's important to well understand the difference for successfully operating your business. From the legal perspective it is important to understand the difference to to avoid distasteful legal caveats.
How Employees and Independent Contractors differ?
- Performs duties given by business owner
- Is given work to be done
- Works solely for single employer
- Does not have it's own working place and working tools
An Independent Contractor:
- May bear risks as operates under agreement
- Works under own business name
- Controls own employees
- Has US-based business checking account
- Invoices for work completed
- Has portfolio with more than one customer
- Has own working too
- Keeps it's business records
Many successfull businesses rely on independent contractors for their hiring needs. There are many benefits to using contractors over hiring employees:
- Savings in labor costs
- Reduced business owner's liability
- Flexibility in hiring and firing
- Shifting the risks to contractors
Source: US Small Business AdmistrationAdd a comment
Whether you are a football or music fan, those unique feelings of a unity which you can experience when people gather together to look at magnificent show on the big arena are familiar to you, for sure.
Nevertheless, the jammed stands and tens of thousands of the viewers at stadium can become one of the worst experiences, especially if you have to wait in huge line on an entrance or in attempt to buy drinks when you have already got inside. At the same time not only the audience suffer. The companies operating stadiums also face problems, for example, when it is necessary to deal with cash, to operate flows of people and to resist to hooligans.
RFID, mobile applications and intellectual platforms for carrying out events provide the best experience for the audience who come to arenas.
But it isn't a must at all that everything will develop according to the worst scenario. With the competent choice of technology it is possible to achieve substantial increase of safety, to increase revenue at the event and to receive the best understanding of needs of visitors, at the same time the long waiting lines will remain in the past. The RFID technology solutions presented by IQ Direct Inc, mobile applications and intelligent tools for carrying out events include:
- support of named tickets and technology of access control;
- support both online of payments, and offline payments;
- applications for cashier operators;
- media coverage for best user experience;
- data collection in real time and their analysis;
- mobile marketing;
- and many other things, at the same time the new functions and opportunities are constantly developed and added.
An opportunity to intellectually register all bearers of subscription tickets in the schedule would be useful both to organizers and to fans. Such feature allows to get rid of considerable part of long waiting lines, to give a better understanding about attendance, to increase speed of service, and also to have a branding opportunity. For example, giving out the discounts for certain sellers or carrying out promotional events.Add a comment
IT technologies now spread into all spheres of our life, from everyday work to public finances.
Often we have distortion of reality in management of IT projects, which can lead to failures. Here we will try to name some common mistakes about IT startups which people usually make when beginning to invest their time and money.
1. Too shallow classification. The first mistake comes from the name or definition of the project in question itself: often any project with participation of the IT developers gets the status of IT project.
For example if one needs to create a portal about management of finance or you develop service on the basis of open data, with a high probability your team will be called IT specialists, and the project will be accounted as information technologies project.
Thus the wrong name of the ship often brings it into shallow water and doesn't allow to make a sail to big open ocean of opportunities. Because in a narrow sense the IT project means accurately planned and documented technical work.
Ask yourself: whether the real the purpose of your project is limited to develop the software, build the site and run it on the selected hardware? Or these tasks are important and statutory, but are parts of something bigger?
For example, the goal is not only to create the software, but thanks to given software to reduce corruption level in your city or to cut down transport expenses.
It is very important to identify yourself correctly on a stage of initiation of the project.Add a comment